Oct 8, 2011

Mahatma Gandhi Quotes

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (1869-1948)

Preeminent leader of Indian nationalism and prophet of nonviolence in the 20th century.


“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

"Hatred can be overcome only by love." ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Love is the strongest force the world possesses and yet it is the humblest imaginable.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." ― Mahatma Gandhi

"A weak man is just by accident. A strong but non-violent man is unjust by accident."― Mahatma Gandhi

"I have learned through bitter experience the one supreme lesson to conserve my anger, and as heat conserved is transmitted into energy, even so our anger controlled can be transmitted into a power that can move the world."― Mahatma Gandhi

"Consciously or unconsciously, every one of us does render some service or other. If we cultivate the habit of doing this service deliberately, our desire for service will steadily grow stronger, and will make, not only our own happiness, but that of the world at large."― Mahatma Gandhi"If Christians would really live according to the teachings of Christ, as found in the Bible, all of India would be Christian today."― Mahatma Gandhi

"Unity to be real must stand the severest strain without breaking."― Mahatma Gandhi

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."― Mahatma Gandhi

“The most heinous and the most cruel crimes of which history has record have been committed under the cover of religion or equally noble motives”― Mahatma Gandhi

"A ''No'' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a ''Yes'' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble."― Mahatma Gandhi

“You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

"Faith must be enforced by reason. When faith becomes blind it dies."― Mahatma Gandhi

“What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems." ― Mahatma Gandhi

“To call woman the weaker sex is a libel; it is man's injustice to woman. If by strength is meant brute strength, then, indeed, is woman less brute than man. If by strength is meant moral power, then woman is immeasurably man's superior. Has she not greater intuition, is she not more self-sacrificing, has she not greater powers of endurance, has she not greater courage? Without her, man could not be. If nonviolence is the law of our being, the future is with woman. Who can make a more effective appeal to the heart than woman?” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Seven Deadly Sins :

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“You don't know who is important to you until you actually lose them.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Where there is love there is life.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“God has no religion.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Poverty is the worst form of violence.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“What barrier is there that love cannot break?” ― Mahatma Gandhi

"Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“The future depends on what you do today.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts, Your thoughts become your words, Your words become your actions, Your actions become your habits, Your habits become your values, Your values become your destiny.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.”― Mahatma Gandhi

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”― Mahatma Gandhi

"I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill."― Mahatma Gandhi

"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide."― Mahatma Gandhi

“Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.” ― Mahatma Gandhi


“They may torture my body, break my bones, even kill me. Then they will have my dead body, but not my obedience.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ― Mahatma Gandhi


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We do not claim ownership of any post (photos, text, audio, video, etc.) unless otherwise stated. Posts are either submissions from followers or things we find all over the Web. If you see something that you own and you want us to delete it, send us an email. 

No comments: