Mar 3, 2012

Greatness Starts @HOME


I came from a poor family. My 3 sisters and i were on college almost at the same time so we had to work our way through college. It wasn't easy but we had no choice. Thomas Edison, the famous inventor rightly said, "There is no substitute for hard work." If you look around, you will see that all great achievers have put in immense hard work.

Today i can say that my greatest achievement is being able to help my parents in every way that i can. Having all my hard work to pay off, now have a stable job which gives me the opportunity to provide for my family. I am now able to give back for all the sacrifices of my parents. Little things means so much to my parents, just by showing them how much i love and respect them makes them happy. Simply saying i love you to them makes them smile. I may not be able to give all the "things" they want, but I'm proud to say that the love we share as a family makes us wealthy beyond our dreams.

Since we were not privileged children, my parents never stop reminding us to work hard and study harder. Our education was the only legacy they can leave us. Even tough they were not able to give us everything we needed, their love and advice was enough for me. I will not be able to achieve what i have today without their guide and support. And now, seeing my papang and mamang happy is everything to me.  

If i become a mom someday, i will make sure that i can give my children all the love and support they will be needing just like what my parents did for me.




This is my family, my inspiration, the reason i'm living, my everything. Because greatness starts at HOME.

Mother Teresa said: “It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start.


==========================================================



 DO YOU WANT TO SHARE  STORIES OF GREATNESS STARTS @HOME?
HERE’S HOW:

Greatness Starts @Home Blogging Contest


Here’s what you need to do:
1. Write about Greatness Starts @Home with one of the following topics:
IF YOU’RE A PARENT: What is your child’s greatest moment of achievement and how did it all start at Home?
IF YOU’RE NOT A PARENT: What is your greatest moment of achievement Who inspired and helped you at Home to achieve it and why?
2. Include a photo or video of you or your child’s greatest moment of achievement with your post.
3. Include the Tattoo@Home badge (image above) on your post linking to http://tattoo.globe.com.ph
4. Post the direct link to your blog entry as a comment under this post for you to get qualified.
5. We will be featuring your story on our official Tattoo Facebook page (http://facebook.com/GlobeTattoo) the day after your submission
6. Contest will run from February 25 – March 17. Great prizes will be given away every 2 days to lucky participants!
7. Grand Winners of Samsung Champ phones and Samsung Galaxy Tabs will be announced on March 25.
GREAT PRIZES:
Twenty (20) winners of 4 FREE PASSES to Mind Museum (scheduled visit on February 28, 9AM-12PM) for the first 20 posts. This will be awarded on Monday, February 27.
Twelve (12) Samsung Champ phones (Two (2) phones will be raffled off every 2 days to lucky participants for the next 3 weeks)
Two (2) Samsung Galaxy Tabs AND Two (2) Samsung Champ phones for the Best Blogs (One (1) from each topic) based on the criteria below:
Criteria:
Creativity – 40% (Does your blog post successfully integrate well-crafted text with engaging images or video?
Content – 30% (Does your blog post embody what it means to start Greatness at Home?)
Originality – 15% (Does your blog post present your story in a unique way and highlights the subject’s individuality?)
Interaction on Tattoo’s FB page – 15% (Number of likes and comments from unique users about the story on the official Globe Tattoo Facebook page –http://facebook.com/GlobeTattoo)
 

No comments: